Daily Curated HVACR Industry News & Insights
- Extreme heat challenge ‘shifting global perceptions of cooling’ – IOR presidentby Neil Merrett (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning) on February 23, 2024 at 4:24 pm in News, 2023 IOR and RAC National Student of the Year prize, Institute of Refrigeration (IOR) President Graeme Fo, IOR Annual Dinner 2024, IOR Beyond Refrigeration Environment award, Terrie Lamb of CiMetrics
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Extreme heat challenge ‘shifting global perceptions of cooling’ – IOR president This year’s IOR Annual Dinner has highlighted the importance of effective planning and training within the RACHP sector to deliver on global priorities to cut energy demand and emissions from critical cooling functions Extreme heat challenge ‘shifting global perceptions of cooling’ – IOR president Neil Merrett
- ACCA Welcomes Comment on Manual D Revisionsby ACHR News on February 23, 2024 at 4:00 pm
The Manual D procedures match duct system resistance (pressure drop) to blower performance (as defined by the HVAC system manufacturer’s blower performance tables). This delivers appropriate airflow to the rooms and spaces to be conditioned while ensuring that system airflow is compatible with the operating range of the HVAC equipment.
- Hoshizaki acquires 25% stake in Fogelby Neil Everitt (Cooling Post) on February 23, 2024 at 3:56 pm in News Headlines, World News
PANAMA: Japanese refrigeration equipment manufacturer Hoshizaki has acquired a 25% stake in Fogel Company Inc, a manufacturer of commercial refrigeration equipment based in Republic of Panama, for US$28m.... Read More... The post Hoshizaki acquires 25% stake in Fogel appeared first on Cooling Post.
- Addressing the Labor Crisis in the Residential HVAC Industryby ACHR News on February 23, 2024 at 12:00 pm
As the industry continues to evolve rapidly, HVAC businesses need to be willing to adapt to new technologies and challenges in order to survive, and thrive.
- Platform Aims to Streamline Permitting for Contractorsby ACHR News on February 22, 2024 at 9:10 pm
Permit Hub allows contractors to gain control over permit tracking, notarization, plan reviews, and inspection results, all within one platform.
- National Safety Organization Welcomes Illinois Sheet Metal Workerby ACHR News on February 22, 2024 at 8:48 pm
Ed Robison began his new job as field representative with the Sheet Metal Occupational Health Institute Trust (SMOHIT), the health and safety arm of the unionized sheet metal industry, on July 1.
- Smart Hiring Starts When Reviewing the Résuméby ACHR News on February 22, 2024 at 7:00 pm
Asking the right questions and identifying potential red flags can make all the difference when hiring an employee who can help ensure the future success of an HVAC business.
- ABC: Apprenticeship Programs Not Keeping up with Construction Industry Needsby ACHR News on February 22, 2024 at 4:45 pm
According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data, the construction industry had 8.137 million craft and noncraft employees as of January 2024, and experienced an unemployment rate between 3.5% and 4.8% during peak construction months in 2023.
- North American Copper in Architecture Awards 2024 Calls for Entriesby ACHR News on February 22, 2024 at 4:38 pm
Architects, engineers, and contractors should submit their current architectural projects by April 22.
- New Research Looks at Consumers' Views of Smart Homesby ACHR News on February 22, 2024 at 4:00 pm
The Smart Home Technology & Market Trends project includes feedback from more than 800 consumers in the U.S. and Canada.
Join the Refrigerant365 Club, and receive the best curated HVAC-R and refrigerant news.
By joining the Refrigerant365 Club, you will receive my monthly Refrigerant365 e-newsletter, which contains exclusive HVAC-R industry insights; my latest articles; and my new videos